enjoy-arsenal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enjoy-arsenal2008

HomePortailLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

Cycling: Sastre hangs tough

Go down 
3 posters
AutorPoruka
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Cycling: Sastre hangs tough Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Cycling: Sastre hangs tough   Cycling: Sastre hangs tough EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:39 am

Carlos Sastre is almost certain to win the Tour de France after retaining the yellow jersey with a strong ride in Saturday's penultimate stage, a 53 kilometre time-trial from Cerilly to St Amand Montroud.

Having started the day holding a lead of one minute and 24 seconds, the Spanish CSC rider produced a fine effort to finish 12th in the time-trial, two minutes and 36 seconds behind winner Stefan Schumacher.

That was comfortably enough to hold off his rivals in the general classification and, with just Sunday's ride into Paris remaining, Sastre - barring an accident or other unforseen event - is now assured of completing his maiden Tour de France triumph at the eighth attempt.

"I was calm this morning, I knew it was an opportunity of a lifetime for me. The dream has come true," said the Madrid-born 33-year-old, who seized the race lead on Wednesday with a stunning attack on the Alpe d'Huez.

"It's teamwork. The Schleck brothers (Frank and Andy) sacrificed themselves for me. I was feeling better and better on this Tour. I have a good capacity to recuperate from my efforts.

"I took it easy in the beginning of the season. I knew I needed to be fit for the Tour and later, possibly, for the Vuelta, I handled my season carefully to achieve my dream."
Na vrh Go down
S4lihovicccKa
Admin
Admin
S4lihovicccKa

Broj komentara : 1447
Registration date : 2008-07-22

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Cycling: Sastre hangs tough   Cycling: Sastre hangs tough EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:50 am

Viva la Espana espana
Na vrh Go down
http://enjoyarsenal-2008.bestofforum.net
MiLeNa_Nk
12. igrac Arsenala
12. igrac Arsenala
MiLeNa_Nk

Broj komentara : 774
Mjesto : Niksic
Registration date : 2008-07-24

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Cycling: Sastre hangs tough   Cycling: Sastre hangs tough EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Lily (citat):
Viva la Espana espana

amen
Na vrh Go down
http://beckham4ever.gooforum.com
Sponsored content

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Cycling: Sastre hangs tough   Cycling: Sastre hangs tough Empty

Na vrh Go down

Cycling: Sastre hangs tough
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1

Permissions in this forum:Ne možete odgovoriti na teme ili komentare u ovom forumu
enjoy-arsenal :: enjoy english :: Sport-
Idi na: