enjoy-arsenal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enjoy-arsenal2008

HomePortailLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

Fabregas 'proud' of Gunners

Go down 
AutorPoruka
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Fabregas 'proud' of Gunners Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Fabregas 'proud' of Gunners   Fabregas 'proud' of Gunners EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has spoken of his pride after his team-mates battled for a 1-1 UEFA Champions League draw at Villarreal.

The Gunners came from a goal down on Tuesday night to secure a vital away goal in the first leg of their quarter-final tie.

Fabregas, who has only recently recovered from a long-term knee injury, was pleased with the result and highlighted the Gunners' character.

"I feel really proud of this team," he said in. "When you see team-mates playing like that it is really good to be next to them. They are proud as well.

"We showed great character at Villarreal and we showed how determined we are to win something this season.

"I think we could have done a bit better but we can't complain after losing Manuel (Almunia) and William (Gallas). To do that and still come back and get a 1-1 is not a bad result.

"We still have a lot of work do and it is important that we get all the players back."

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is eager to impress in the absence of Almunia, who suffered an ankle injury at Estadio El Madrigal.

The Poland international said: "It is always nice to play, however, not in these circumstances.

"I wish Manuel all the best with his help and I hope he comes back really soon. I am maybe not ready to take over the number one spot yet - but I am ready to play.

"I respect what Manuel has done for the club. He was playing great for the last couple of months. Now the situation is like this and I have to play - I am ready."
Na vrh Go down

Fabregas 'proud' of Gunners
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1