enjoy-arsenal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enjoy-arsenal2008

HomePortailLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

Wenger committed to Gunners

Go down 
AutorPoruka
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Wenger committed to Gunners Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Wenger committed to Gunners   Wenger committed to Gunners EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 11:37 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has declared his commitment to the club as he prepares his charges to face Manchester United on Saturday.

Wenger has come in for criticism after a disappointing run of results and comments made regarding Stoke City's playing style.

The Frenchman, though, is fully focused on overcoming Premier League champions United on Saturday.

He said: "I love it here. I feel the media plays a big part of the game. I do not question my commitment for Arsenal.

"I always decide what is in the best interest of the club, not what the media thinks."

Wenger will be without a number of key first-team players for the encounter, but the Gunners coach believes in the troops at this disposal.

He continued: "I believe I have a squad of 20 players who are all of top quality. I am not concerned about who doesn't play, even if they are big players.

"I am more focused on who plays and giving the players belief and confidence, and desire to win.

"I don't feel like the underdogs, at all. I go into this game with a desire to win it.

"I believe in my team. I am very proud of what they do and the job I am doing as well.

"Even if at the moment the results are not as good as we want them to be, there is no alarming sign of the team not having the potential."

Wenger came in for criticism after he accused Stoke of deliberately trying to injure some of his players, but the Frenchman has defended his comments.

He said: "I would like to repeat what I said last week - I have nothing against physical games.

"What I want is the referee to protect both teams on the pitch and to make the right decisions.

"I have nothing against teams that try to stop us playing. I would just like to reiterate one thing - I congratulated Stoke after the game because they played very well.

"What I said was an answer to someone accusing my players of not being brave. We have to be strong enough to sort out the problems and find the solutions."

Wenger also explained that he feels his side would be relegated if the league table was based on the experience of his squad.

He added: "If the result at the end of the season is based on experience, we would go down.

"Every single team has more experience than we have. I do not believe that success is linked with experience.

"It is linked with desire, talent and intelligence. You can be intelligent at 18, at 20, and you can be stupid at 30."
Na vrh Go down

Wenger committed to Gunners
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1