enjoy-arsenal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enjoy-arsenal2008

HomePortailLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain

Go down 
2 posters
AutorPoruka
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain   Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:38 pm

New Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas believes he marked the start of his reign in the correct manner following a 1-0 victory over Dynamo Kiev in the UEFA Champions League.

Midfielder Fabregas recently replaced William Gallas as Gunners skipper after the former Chelsea defender was stripped of the armband following controversial public criticism of his Emirates Stadium team-mates.

And having been named manager Arsene Wenger's new on-field leader, Fabregas helped Arsenal to a place in the last 16 of the Champions League by setting up Nicklas Bendtner for a late winner against Dynamo in North London on Tuesday.

Wenger's side went into the European meeting under pressure following successive domestic defeats to Aston Villa and Manchester City, but Fabregas insists he was calm in his new role.

"It is a responsibility because it is a massive club," the 21-year-old said when asked about the captaincy.

"But I am relaxed because I have all the support of the fans and the players and they will help me.

"I am relaxed and will take it easy and try to do my best on the pitch."

The recent headlines surrounding Gallas have cast doubts over the cohesion in the Arsenal dressing room, but Fabregas has rubbished the speculation

He is adamant all his colleagues are comfortable and the Spain international admits he will not be afraid to ask Gallas for advice.

"We showed we were united and a good team, and the performance was superb," said Fabregas.

"William has been superb for us. I have learned a lot from him and I know, if I need to, I can always go to him."

Arsenal's next outing is against London rivals Chelsea - who sit top of the table in the Premier League - at Stamford Bridge on Sunday and ahead of the meeting Fabregas is confident.

"We want to get back into the title race so we have to win," he added when asked about the match with the Blues.

"But let's not put too much pressure on the game. Let's stay relaxed and play our football and I am sure we will be okay if we do what we do.

"We respect Chelsea but we go with confidence because we won today."
Na vrh Go down
S4lihovicccKa
Admin
Admin
S4lihovicccKa

Broj komentara : 1447
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain   Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:47 pm

inlove
Na vrh Go down
http://enjoyarsenal-2008.bestofforum.net

Fabregas 'relaxed' as captain
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1