enjoy-arsenal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enjoy-arsenal2008

HomePortailLatest imagesTražiRegistracijaLogin

Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again

Go down 
4 posters
AutorPoruka
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again Empty
KomentarNaslov komentara: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Andy Murray will play Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals of the Rogers Cup in Toronto after beating defending champion Novak Djokovic 6-3 7-6 (7/3).

The win represents one of the most impressive victories of the British number one's career - Murray having lost all four of his previous matches against his friend and former junior rival.

The Scot now faces Nadal after the world number two in turn came through his quarter-final match with Richard Gasquet 6-7 (12/14) 6-2 6-1 on Friday.

Murray was completely dominated by his next opponent at Wimbledon less than a month ago, crashing out at the quarter-final stage after losing in straight sets 6-3 6-2 6-4.

Assessing the magnitude of his win over the world number three, Murray told Sky Sports Xtra: "Mentally, that's probably the biggest one of my career. He's going to be around for a long time.

"So to come through against him, especially when he beat me convincingly four times, is very satisfying."

Although closely matched during their junior days - the Serb being one week younger - Djokovic has left Murray trailing in recent years, winning the Australian Open and comfortably beating him in their three most recent meetings.

"The last few times I've played against him, I really struggled to read his game," Murray admitted.

"But I've watched a lot of his matches lately and I've seen the patterns of play he likes to use and I read his game much better.

"He hit very few winners, I think. That was one of the most satisfying things for me."

World number nine Murray needed to be at his defensive best for long periods to repel Djokovic's powerful groundstrokes.

But his approach paid off as his opponent started to make errors - Murray breaking Djokovic once in a comfortable first set before trading two breaks in a much closer second.

Murray got off to the best possible start, breaking in game two and racing to a 3-0 lead.

The rest of the first set went with serve as Murray chased down every ball to frustrate his opponent.

The second set began equally brightly for Murray, who broke immediately to maintain his momentum.

But Djokovic then levelled after putting Murray's next service game under tremendous pressure.

At 2-2, Djokovic's forehand broke down to hand Murray another break point, which he took thanks to another error from his opponent.

Murray was a point away from a double break in game seven, but Djokovic dug his way out of trouble and immediately broke to love to level again at 4-4.

A brilliant Murray service return then set up break point again in game nine but the Serb saved.

Serving to stay in the set, Murray blew a 30-0 lead to concede set point - but Djokovic failed to capitalise.

He was made to rue that lapse in the tie-break, with Murray claiming a 6-1 lead before serving out the match.

In the second semi-final, Gasquet edged a first set that lasted 75 minutes.

However, Nadal soon returned to form as he eased to victory - his 27th in a row - with a dominant performance in the next two sets.

Shaun: komentar modifikovan dana: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:10 am; prepravljeno ukupno 1 puta
Na vrh Go down
lik-sa-smrtovnice
Admin
Admin
lik-sa-smrtovnice

Broj komentara : 295
Registration date : 2008-07-26

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 12:50 am

I did nt read it... it is too long neutral but I am sorry cuz I support Djokovic...
Na vrh Go down
Shaun
Fan
Fan

Broj komentara : 257

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am

Sorry about it being to long Sad
Na vrh Go down
S4lihovicccKa
Admin
Admin
S4lihovicccKa

Broj komentara : 1447
Registration date : 2008-07-22

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:09 am

It is ok.... Irhad is just a bit lazy lol!
Na vrh Go down
http://enjoyarsenal-2008.bestofforum.net
lik-sa-smrtovnice
Admin
Admin
lik-sa-smrtovnice

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:21 am

No I am not.... hey Lil tell somethin nice about me... you will destroy my reputation... klanja
Na vrh Go down
S4lihovicccKa
Admin
Admin
S4lihovicccKa

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 am

With that picture... ur reputation is destroyed.... bt I still love u, u are nt bad.... nene
Na vrh Go down
lik-sa-smrtovnice
Admin
Admin
lik-sa-smrtovnice

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:46 am

No I am not... klanja
Na vrh Go down
S4lihovicccKa
Admin
Admin
S4lihovicccKa

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Dreaming.... lik
Na vrh Go down
MiLeNa_Nk
12. igrac Arsenala
12. igrac Arsenala
MiLeNa_Nk

Broj komentara : 774
Mjesto : Niksic

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

lol!
Na vrh Go down
http://beckham4ever.gooforum.com
Sponsored content

KomentarNaslov komentara: Re: Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again   Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again Empty

Na vrh Go down

Tennis: Murray to play Nadal again
Na vrh 
Stranica 1/1